Pickles

Pickles, pickles and more pickles!! Today we are canning our cucumber/pickles. It is such a time consuming, yet satisfying, task. As much as I love preserving the excess produce from our organic garden, it also signals that fall is soon approaching. So far we have about 7 jars of pickles canned. We did dill and bread and butter pickles this year. I am not the biggest fan of vinegar so I am really excited for a new pressure cooker/canner that I am getting. It will be great to use the pressure versus a very acidic liquid to preserve. But until it comes, vinegar it is. Yesterday my husband helped out a neighbor and in return was given some fresh dill. I'm excited to add that to the dill pickles. Nothing better than fresh herbs!


A few of our Pickles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.