Blueberry syrup and waffles

Oh goodness, this is what I woke up to. My husband made waffles and the BEST blueberry syrup ever!  I highly suggest you make it, you will not be disappointed!

He makes the waffles with organic whole wheat flour that he milled using our Komo mill (see our review of this mill). Then took our homemade maple syrup and put a bunch of blueberries with it in a pan. He the reduced the blueberries/maple until it was the perfect consistency. No real rules to the perfect consistency. Just what you and your family will find to the be the right consistency for waffles. 

It was beyond good!!  I love going to our local you-pick blueberry farm. I just cannot get enough blueberries and the you-pick makes it affordable. We got 5 gallon on our last trip and spent about $40.  We got home and promptly froze most of the berries. I recently read an article that says frozen blueberries are actually lower in antioxidants as the freezing process increase the bio-availability of the antioxidants. Yumm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.