Gardening


It's a beautiful morning in the garden. My husband is busily weeding but took me on a tour to check out the latest. It's been a week since I've been out. I was amazed at the changes in one week. The corn is growing fast, and some have purple hair. I thought that was amazing. I never saw purple haired corn before.


Then I saw the beans and peas. Both doing great. We have already enjoyed a lot of peas, but frankly there are never enough peas :).  

Then to the acorn squash. This took a long time to grow. Figured we would miss out this year. But then poof. Acorn squash appeared. 

We are still getting a lot of cucumbers, so pickle canning will continue today. Or probably tomorrow. It's pretty hot today and I hate canning on hot days. No reason to heat up the house when tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70's. 

And the excitement today...drum roll please...


Cantaloupe!!! I can't believe it. It is tiny, but I am hopeful! It made my day!!

Well off I go to hot tub away the soreness. God bless. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.