Spring Planting

Baby Squash plant
My Garden with Trellis
 Our garden in coming along nicely. We finished tilling the ground last week, and have planted the potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, cucumbers and carrots.  We have 2 trellises that are for the peas, beans and cucumbers. We have bush beans as well, but I am very excited about the trellis veggies. I am hoping they are so lush that I can hide between the rows. For the first time I used a garden planning program, and I am quite please. It allowed me to put the veggies in the garden, and it told me how many I could plant based on row/plant spacing requirements. It not only made it easier to plan, but also helped me maximize my plants for the space I have. It also gave me ideas on the "right" date to plant. I am not sure that I followed that very closely but it was nice to have all the information at my fingertips.

Garden Signs
I spent Mother's Day getting my signs ready for the garden. I made some last year, but the weather destroyed them, so this year I am going for much more sturdy signs. I think they turned out great.  Now I just need a nice day (today is pouring rain), so I can post them. I look forward to knowing where my plants are. I usually just go off memory, until I can see their leaves and use the leaves to identify the plants. This will be so nice! In addition, it will be easier for my visitors to see where the crops will be.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.