Drip Irrigation

For the first time, we are putting drip irrigation into our greenhouse. I am so excited. I think this will be such a great asset to our greenhouse. I tend to over-water, and this will keep me in check. Plus the water is all delivered to the root system, and not the leaves, which is far easier on the plants. In addition, it drips into the soil, versus the heavy stream of the hose. I was surprised by easy the irrigation lines were to install. I have mostly seed in the greenhouse at this point but I do have some tomato plants that are already seeming to love the drip system.

I had some initial issues at the end of the tape lines. The water was not being "stopped" by the end crimp. So I called the manufacturer and they were super helpful, and walked me though the problem. Always makes me happy when the customer service folks actually know their product.

So all in all, a great experience, and now I get to reap the benefits. No more standing in the greenhouse watering each and every plant. I just turn on the water, and then I can go off to another task.  I received my drip kit from Drip Works, but I would imagine any DIY center would have something similar.

Happy Planting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.