Emile Henry Stew Pot

I am so very excited. I just received my Emile Henry 10' Stew Pot. It is so pretty. I chose the red color and I couldn't be happier. I have been getting away from cooking on non-stick surfaces, and have moved to ceramic, glass, cast iron, or copper pans for all of our cooking. This is my latest addition to our cooking family and I could not be happier. The Emile Henry Stew Pot is made in Marcigny France from high fired Burgundy clay. There is no lead, cadmium or nickel in their products (including the glaze)  ensuring no contamination of metal and toxins in the food.

It is heavier that my cooper stew pot, quite a bit heavier. However, it is light compared to our cast iron stew pot (30% lighter). I love using my cast iron stew put for most things, but any red sauce, tomato or highly acidic foods, I try to avoid the cast iron. I have a very sensitive palate, and I can taste the iron in the food and that is very off-putting. So, the ceramic glazed pot should be perfect for stews, chili, and soups. The pot has a very durable glaze that allows for it to be stove-top, grill, and oven safe. This is awesome. I like the idea of cooking on the stove-top and then being able to bake in the same pot!

Our first experience with the Stew Pot was for Split Pea Soup. I was amazed by how well the stew pot cooked, but even more by how well it cleaned up! So easy!! It really didn't even look dirty after the last drop of soup was poured out. Considering the soup was cooked all day long, the fact that the soup poured out without leaving the least amount of cooked on food particles. Super happy :)

This is an expensive pot and I hope to never need another. However, I think it is worth the higher price to ensure the food we cook tastes good, and is free from chemicals, metals and toxins. Not to mention the time-saving easy clean up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.