Maple Syrup Season

This is one of my favorite times of year. It is maple syrup season!! The first 3 days were very slow, but yesterday, today, and tomorrow are all set to be amazing. For those of you who have never tapped maple trees, it is such an amazing experience.

The trees to most of the work, but once all the sap is collected, the torch is passed and it becomes a lot of work for us. The sap gets boiled, boiled and more  boiled.  For every 10 gallon of sap we get it only becomes about a quart of syrup.  There is a lot of cooking, and in the end, the most scrumptious sweetness. It is divine. It always amazes me that such wonderful nectar can come from the trees.

Hope you are able to get some pure maple syrup this year. I know I am looking forward to my first plate of waffles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your post will appear shortly.